>> Children's Medical Alert Wristbands
Children's Medical Alert Wristbands
Do you worry about your child‘s safety? All parents do, but parents of children with severe allergies have even greater concerns.
Keep Your Child Safe with Children's Medical Alert Wristbands
If your child has a severe allergy, child safety allergy alert wristbands will help safeguard him or her. You can choose from a variety of wristband colors and styles, and include a customized message about your child’s allergy. You can also include emergency contact information so you can be reached if your child suffers an allergic reaction.
What are Childhood Allergies?
- Allergies pose a severe threat to many children. Here are some important statistics about children’s allergies from The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology.
- Worldwide, adverse drug reactions may affect up to 10% of the world’s population
- Worldwide, drugs may be responsible for up to 20% of fatalities due to anaphylaxis.
- Findings from a 2009 to 2010 study of 38,480 children (infant to 18) indicated:
- 8% have a food allergy
- Approximately 6% aged 0-2 years have a food allergy
- About 9% aged 3-5 years have a food allergy
- Nearly 8% aged 6-10 years have a food allergy
- Approximately 8% aged 11-13 years have a food allergy
- More than 8.5% aged 14-18 years have a food allergy
- 38.7% of food allergic children have a history of severe reactions
- 30.4% of food allergic children have multiple food allergies
- Of food allergic children, peanut is the most prevalent allergen, followed by milk and then shellfish
- Worldwide, insect allergy fatal reactions occur in up to 50% of individuals who have no documented history of a previous systemic reaction.
Get a detailed wristband quote for your children’s allergy alert wristbands in minutes!